Wondering how you are ever going to have a huge email list of raving fans that want to buy everything you sell? I have 10 ways to grow your e-mail list.
Why do I need an e-mail list when I have 2,000 followers on Twitter?
Your email list may be the most important asset you have in your business. I often get the question, “why do I need an email list when I have Facebook fans?”. While I would agree that your Facebook fans, and your Twitter followers, are a “list”, a list of people who are interested in your content, I know the most important list you will build is your e-mail list. Your e-mail list is just that: YOURS. The fans you have on Facebook and other social media platforms are tied to those platforms. What happens if Facebook goes out of business (it could happen!) – then those fans go away. Or maybe Facebook decides to take down your page for some unknown reason – it has happened.
The list you really want to focus on is your e-mail list. Social media platforms can be a great place to find new subscribers, and from there, send them to your opt-in form.
E-mail is not dead – we tend to open the e-mails we are interested in. E-mail is direct, and it’s more personal than a post on a social media platform. It’s easy to open on your phone, your ipad, and your desktop.
Here are my top 10 ways to grow your e-mail list:
- Offer something of value to your audience in exchange for their e-mail. Don’t be afraid to give away great content for free, you will create loyal followers by helping our audience. You might offer free training, a white paper, an ebook, or maybe a free chapter of your book.
- At the end of every blog that you post, have an e-mail opt-in form. Chances are if your reader has read all the way to the bottom of your blog, they are interested in what you have to say.
- On Facebook, build a tab with an offer, and ask for an e-mail to receive the high value content you are giving away.
- Collect e-mails at offline events.
- Encourage your current e-mail subscribers to share your content, always put social sharing buttons at the end of your e-mails.
- Promote your lead generation offers on Twitter.
- Add your url and a call to action at the end of your videos.
- Look for opportunities to be a guest on the blogs and podcasts of others with large followers. Then offer a free copy of your book in exchange for e-mails.
- Be sure to make your opt-in box easy to find on your website, and make sure your opt-in process is simple and straightforward. People loose interest quickly.
- Most importantly, create great content your audience will want to share!
If you found this article useful, I hope you will share it.